- March 7, 2019
- Posted by: STO Search & Filter
- Category: STO Industry Resources
When the term “digital currencies” comes up in a conversation, Bitcoin is usually the first thing that comes to mind. Today, there is another up-and-coming digital technology known as security token offerings (STOs). Tokens offered in an STO are actual stakes in the business, which means that the issuers can be held accountable.
Seeing as STOs are subject to federal laws, investors are protected to some extent. This article will be your guide to setting up your STO as well as advising you on how to market your STO effectively.
How to Set Up Your STO via Polymath
1. To set up your STO, the first step is to add funds to a Metamask Wallet that is provided by Ethereum. Then, you can go to the Polymath website and select “Create your Security Token” to create an account. Log in to your Metamask Wallet so that you can sync it to your Polymath wallet after you’ve created an account.
2. Now, you will have to create the abbreviation for your Security Token. You have fifteen days to consult with your legal team for this. After you are satisfied with the choices, you can go ahead and reserve the abbreviation that you chose. Then, you have to confirm your email address. You will receive payment confirmation through your email.
3. You can now choose the partners that will guide you through your STO journey, ranging from legal consultants to professionals specialized in Know-Your-Client (KYC) and Anti-Money-Laundering (AML). Now, you will have the option to create your Security Token. After that, you can choose to add additional information, such as a link to your STO website.
4. Click the “submit” button on your Metamask wallet to inform them that your Security Token has been sent out. A copy of the transaction hash will then be sent to your email address.
5. At this step, you can finally launch your offering to the public by selecting the option “set up your offering details.” You can then fill in the details of your offering, including the number of tokens for sale, the price of each one, and the available dates for investment, as well as which currencies are acceptable.
6. Finally, click the button “confirm and launch STO” to complete the process. The final thing that you need to do is to create a whitelist in order to specify the kinds of individuals who will be eligible to invest in your STO. Don’t rush this part of the process. There should be a lot of thought going into your whitelist. After consulting with your legal team, you will be able to draft your whitelist conditions without violating any regulations.
How to Get Your STO Out There
After you have set up and launched your STO, it is finally time to market it to the general public. Fortunately, an STO is easier to market than an Initial Coin Offering (ICO). That is because STOs are backed by tangible assets and are required to be registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), thus offering higher security measures than ICOs. In other words, STOs are more reliable, legitimate, and are less likely to be subject to any fraudulent activities. That being said, hiring a marketing specialist to help you create a buzz won’t hurt! We offer services to raise awareness for your offering — feel free to contact us for custom service information.
Factors to Consider
To create a decent marketing plan for your STO, there are many factors that you need to take into consideration. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the key factor in your marketing success. A great SEO plan can help to increase the rank of your STO website on various search engines. This means that you will gain a larger pool of investors for your STO.
The next thing that you need to consider is your marketing content. In order to create good content, you should know what kind of investors you want to attract. This requires a strong understanding of your own industry and the ability to explain it to your target audience. Another thing to consider is the design of your marketing content. You should make it as sleek and professional as possible while still making sure that it suits the nature of your business.