There are many myths and misconceptions about security tokens that are leaving people misinformed. Even though there are untrue myths about them circulating, it’s important that investors learn what is real and what isn’t so that they can further invest in them knowing the real advantages. Here are some myths that are important to know about:
“There is strict regulation of security tokens, which ruins the whole idea of the blockchain.”
Some might see the regulation of security tokens as an inhibiting factor, but it restores credibility into the crypto world and allows for better trading of tokenized assets. If security tokens are going to become a more mature way of trading, we should want it to be at an institutional level, which will require rules that are clear and mitigate risk. Stricter regulations will make security tokens a safer investment.
“Security tokens must represent the equity of a company.”
While the actual definition of what “security” will vary around the world, generally, it includes an investment contract which is reinforced by the Howey Test. This will determine if an investment is deemed a security or not. What is important to stress here is that securities do not need to represent equity in a company. They can be revenue sharing models or other valuable assets, which will attract many potential investors with different levels of risk-taking and varied investment strategies.
“Security tokens will never achieve the level of Bitcoin.”
You cannot compare bitcoin to security tokens because security tokens are cost-friendlier to transfer and more scalable to use for contractual investments. If there could be more compliance with security regulations on a global scale, security tokens one day may be completely trustless. They could become a superior financial instrument in comparison to traditional currency. Security tokens allow for instantaneous settlements with less counterparty risk.
Security token offerings also improve upon other traditional financing options by removing an intermediary such as bankers and centralized arrangements, which will reduce fees that would be owed to these third-party’s for services provided. Smart contracts will reduce complexity costs and paperwork. Token securities will also limit the risk of corruption or any manipulation that could be made by financial institutions.
“You will achieve guaranteed success with Security Token Offerings.”
Conducting or investing in an STO doesn’t mean that you will be guaranteed success right away without question. There are good and bad investments, and it is possible that you might invest in an offering that is not viable. As offerings may comply with any legal requirements or obligations, they may lack profitability or might fail to deliver what is promised or expected of them.
There also might be the risk of scams and fraud toward investors. Make sure that the business practice you are investing in is reliable. You should do your research, as an investor, so that you managing your funds at risk. Check for proven track records, solid cases, and actual product developments.
If you’re planning to invest in the STO market, STO Filter is the best place to learn more. Get in touch with us today to see how we can help.
We are STO Search & Filter, your resource to search, find, and filter global STO listings.
Follow us on Twitter for daily STO news and updates.
These ideas are opinions and not to be used as legal or financial advice. Please seek a lawyer before transacting or employing a marketing strategy.
[vc_row full_width=”stretch_row_content_no_spaces” el_class=”subscribemarket”][vc_column][vc_row_inner el_id=”early-access”][vc_column_inner width=”1/6″][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”2/3″][mailchimp_form icon=”stm-crown” form_title=”Get THE STO Marketplace App Early!” form_subtitle=”Join our newsletter for STOs, app invites & other updates”][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/6″][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row]
STO Companies by Category
- Real Estate
- Sports & Gaming
- Venture Capital
- Browse All
- [INTERVIEW] Moonwhale Ventures x beQ - Redefining Social Interactions with Blockchain Technology
- The Importance of Blockchain In Big Tech Companies In 2020
- What is Blockchain and Why Should You Care
- Blockchain: A complex and impressive child of technology
- Translated Interview from France's LMD TV with Honorable French STO Regulator & FinTech Expert
Articles by Categories
- Understanding Sports Tokenization from Player’s Contracts, Team Ownership & Arena Revenues
- 6 Tips for a Successful STO Marketing Strategy
- [INTERVIEW] Tezos Southeast Asia brings Blockchain Degree to Chulalongkorn University in Thailand
- Recap: The Present and Future of Security Tokens Panel at Barcelona Trading Conference 2019
- [INTERVIEW] The Dusk Network – A Privacy-oriented Blockchain Protocol for Digital Securities
- How Do Security Token Offerings Improve the Traditional Securitization Processes?
- Understanding Swarm: Tokenization, Market Access Protocol & $SWM Explained
- Translated Interview from France’s LMD TV with Honorable French STO Regulator & FinTech Expert
- How STOs Will Revolutionize Cryptocurrency – What to Know
- Why ICOs & STOs Are The Future of Investing for Startups